|Hash calculation and validation software|
TurboSFV is a utility for the calculation and validation of checksums for files.|
The following hash
are currently supported:
- CRC-32, MD5, SHA-1
- XXH32, XXH64 (xxHash)
- SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512 including SHA-512/224 and SHA-512/256
- BLAKE2S-256, BLAKE2B-256, BLAKE2B-384 and BLAKE2B-512
- SHA3-224, SHA3-256, SHA3-384 and SHA3-512
With TurboSFV, you can calculate checksums (hash values) for your files. At a later time, you can validate the
hash values to ensure, that the content of the files has not been changed.
Typical areas where hash values are used:
- File transfer: Before sending files over the network, hash values can be calculated, which can
be used to detect the alteration of data during the transfer.
- Observing folders: Detect changed and missed files and find new files which were added to the folders
after the creation of a checksum file.
Page Analyze validation results
describes the analysis capabilities of TurboSFV.
- Storage mediums: The quality of a storage medium like a DVD can change. By using hash values,
the integrity of stored files can be checked at any time and defective mediums can be detected
- Quality chain: Useful in companies or organizations, where any change of important data must be
monitored and documented, to ensure the quality of the service. For example, if the final version of
a software has been developed and passed the quality control, then the files should
not be changed in subsequent processes. The control can be achieved with checksums.
But applications are not limited to software companies: hash values can be calculated
for any kind of documents such as recipes, certificates or in the area of electronic data exchange
or forensics, and can help to improve the quality control.
|Hash files, folders or a drive|
TurboSFV produces hash values for files located in folders, folder trees or for all files on a drive.
- One or more files can be selected and for each file a checksum will be calculated.
- One or more folders can be selected to calculate a hash value for each file in
the selected folders. Optionally, subfolders can be included.
- Select a drive to create checksums for all files on a drive.
|Verify file integrity|
Previously calculated hash values can be used to verify the file integrity at a later time,
to ensure that the data has not been altered.
TurboSFV recalculates the checksum of each file and compares it with the
previous stored value.
TurboSFV extends the shell with additional functions for the calculation of hash values.
These extensions are integrated into and can be called from within the Windows Explorer.
||Calculation of hash values for files, folders or a drive by selecting
a hash function in the explorer.|
||The explorer displays information for a hash file in the form of a text box.|
|Hash file property sheet
||Display of detailed information for a hash file on a separated tabulator sheet
in the file properties through the explorer.|
|Hash calculation property sheet
||Calculation of hash values for a file on another tabulator sheet,
available in the file properties in the explorer.|
The shell extensions
are implemented as a 32-bit (x86) and a 64-bit (x64) version and support the appropriate Windows version.
for calculating checksums. Creating or validating checksum files can be processed in a command window
or in batch files.
TurboSFV properly handles files with Unicode characters in file or folder names and
can read from and write to hash files which are encoded in
TurboSFV saves checksums in hash files. These files can be later on
used to verify the file integrity. Depending on the used algorithm,
TurboSFV uses the following file extensions for hash files:
||BLAKE2 family: BLAKE2S-256, BLAKE2B-256, BLAKE2B-384 and BLAKE2B-512.|
||Message digest 5 (MD5) hash function.|
||Cyclic redundancy check (CRC-32) function.|
||Secure hash algorithm SHA-1.|
||SHA-2 family: SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512,
||SHA-3 family: SHA3-224, SHA3-256, SHA3-384 and SHA3-512.|
||xxHash: XXH32 and XXH64.|
TurboSFV saves the hash values either in a summary checksum file, in one file per folder
or per file. For each calculation process, it's easy to switch between the three
TurboSFV is available in three versions:
For all editions, there is a
- Light edition (LE)
- Private edition (PE)
- Commercial edition (CE), which includes a mobile (portable) version ME.
- 32-bit type (TurboSFV x86) and a
- 64-bit type (TurboSFV x64).
Please check out the full list of
download a trial version.
Thank you for visiting this website!|